Dienstag, 28. Februar 2012

Mount TBR Reading Challenge - Progress post



I joined this challenge via goodreads hosted by Bev of MY READERS BLOCK

Here are the rules in Bev's words:

* Once you choose your challenge level, you are locked in for at least that many books. If you find that you're on a mountain-climbing roll and want to tackle a taller mountain, then you are certainly welcome to upgrade.

* Challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2012.

* You may sign up anytime from now until November 30th, 2012.

* Books must be owned by you prior to January 1, 2012. No ARCs (none), no library books. No rereads (none). [To clarify--based on a question raised--the intention is to reduce the stack of books that you have bought for yourself or received as presents {birthday, Christmas, "just because," etc.}. Audiobooks and e-books may count if they are yours and they are of your sources of backlogged books.]

* Books may be used to count for other challenges as well.

* Feel free to submit your list in advance (as incentive to really get those books taken care of) or to tally them as you climb.

 * A blog is not necessary to participate. [...]

*** Addendum (2/20/12): From a question...You may count any "currently reading" book that you began pre-January 1, provided that you had 50% or more of the book left to finish in 2012. I will trust you all on that.

------------------------------------


Ok - here we go:

I chose Pike's Peak (12 books from my TBR) because I do want to climb a hill - and then see if my legs will carry me on for a higher top..

My progress on this challenge - reviews are linked:

1. WIDE SARGASSO SEA (1966) by Jean Rhys




2. DIE PAAR LEUCHTENDEN JAHRE by Mascha Kaléko
 (actually a collection of her poems and other writings - she is one of my favourites when it comes to lyric..










4. THE HELP (2009) by Kathryn Stockett




5. THE LIFE AND OPINIONS OF MAF THE DOG AND OF HIS FRIEND MARILYN MONROE (2010) by Andrew O'Hagan




7. WATER FOR ELEPHANTS (2007) by Sara Gruen 







8. ROSEMARIE NITRIBITT : AUTOPSIE EINES DEUTSCHEN SKANDALS (2007) by Christian Steiger (=Rosemarie Nitribitt : Autopsy of a German Scandal)







9. MEINE BERÜHMTEN FREUNDINNEN (1967) by Hubert von Meyerinck (= My famous Female Friends)








10. DIE LOCKENDE INSEL (1953) by Gerty-Charlotte Burmeister (= The alluring island)








Reached Pike's Peak!!!

Actually I am afraid that I won't reach a much higher level.. Well.. We'll see!

Thank you so very much for reading!

Yours

Irene

2 Kommentare:

Every comment makes me happy - because than I know there is someone out there reading this! ;")

Thank you for commenting! I am reading every comment you'll make - and when I can think of an answer I will post it. ;")