Sonntag, 1. Januar 2012

Is it just me? - or: What happened to the books I resolved to read in 2011?


Some long, long - loooooong - time ago in January 2011 (gee.. we were so young and carefree back then..) I participated in the TOP TEN TUESDAY MEME - and resolved 10 books to read in 2011.. 


Of those ten titles I actually read 


ASH by Malinda Lo (2010) which was okay.



IT SEEMED IMPORTANT AT THAT TIME : A ROMANCE MEMOIR by Gloria Vanderbilt (2004) which underwhelmed me..



The German Edition of Vita Sackville-West's Gardening Columns - which made 3 books in the whole. Small books to be honest..



THE WAR AGAINST MISS WINTER by Kathryn Miller Haines (2007) - which I enjoyed very much..



MANSFIELD PARK by Jane Austen (1814)- which I loved. Well - JANE AUSTEN!!! What shall I say..




Two of them I began to read - but didn't finish them:


THE LOST ART OF KEEPING SECRETS by Eva Rice (2004) - and I can't even remember why I ceased reading - because I liked the book (as far as I read it..)



MY WICKED, WICKED WAYS by Errol Flynn (1959) - which I enjoy that much that I'd like to read it forever.. so I just read a bit and put it away - and then read again a little bit later.. 




A few books from that list are still on my To Read Pile - but they don't have to be finished this year:


A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY by Libba Bray (2003)



PROPHECY OF THE SISTERS by Michelle Zink (2009)




So - did you count? Well - if you did you now know that there is one book left - one book I want to read this year for sure:


ANATOMY OF A MURDER by  Robert Traver (1958) - and: yes - I also want to write a review about the film then.. 




Did you read all the books you want to read in 2011?? 

Anyway: I hope this year will be for all of us just marvellous!

Yours

Irene


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Every comment makes me happy - because than I know there is someone out there reading this! ;")

Thank you for commenting! I am reading every comment you'll make - and when I can think of an answer I will post it. ;")