Dienstag, 8. Februar 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten characters to name your children after


This is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.


And again I am bending the rules a little bit: I do not want to have children. (at least not now.) So I am going to post ten characters I would name my cats after. - As you all know, I named my cats Miss Mina Murray and Miss Lucy Westenra after the main female characters in Bram Stoker's DRACULA. ;")


So here are my results in no particular order (well, first five male, last five female names..) and five minutes from now I surely would decide against them:


1. Dobbin from VANITY FAIR by W. M. Thackeray - would have been Mina's name if she was a tom cat.. ;")


2. Smike from NICHOLAS NICKLEBY by Charles Dickens - would have been Lucy's name but she turned out to be a girl, too. ;")


3. Atticus from TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD by Harper Lee.


4. Moriarty from SHERLOCK HOLMES by Arthur Conan Doyle.


5. Bingley from PRIDE AND PREJUDICE by Jane Austen.


6. Ophelia from HAMLET by Shakespeare.


7. Sidda from THE DIVINE SECRETS OF THE YA-YA SISTERHOOD by Rebecca Wells.


8. MORELLA by E. A. Poe.


9. Jerusha from DADDY-LONG-LEGS by Jean Webster.


10. Mrs. de Winter from REBECCA by Daphne Du Maurier.


11. Selena and Clayton from PEYTON PLACE by Grace Metalious. (one of my alltime favourite novels. Got to get into this list..) ;")



So, what about you?

5 Kommentare:

  1. I agree with almost all characters from your list - especially Atticus. Great choices!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. What a fabulous list!
    I love the idea of naming my next kitty Mrs. de Winter!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Ooo love your choice of cat names. If my next cat is a girl she will be named Miss Marple. If it's a boy than he will be named Sherlock. My current cat is named Catsy. I was 6 years old when I chose her name...

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. We have Atticus and Sidda in common. :) You are the only other blog so far that I have seen with Sidda listed.

    Reading Lark's Top 10

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Thank you, Misha! :")

    Birdie, I like the fact that it would fit if the kitty was a shy or a bit more of a mean cat - like the first or the new Mrs. de Winter.. ;")

    Kate, I think Catsy is a cute name! Miss Marple and Sherlock are marvellous picks! *making notes on that* ;")

    Andrea, I think Atticus is on many list around - but he is such a marvellous character! ;") I just love the name Sidda! ;")

    Thank you all for visiting and leaving comments!

    AntwortenLöschen

Every comment makes me happy - because than I know there is someone out there reading this! ;")

Thank you for commenting! I am reading every comment you'll make - and when I can think of an answer I will post it. ;")